PELHAM, N.Y. - While cleaning up from a multi-vehicle accident on Lincoln Avenue, first responders in Pelham were dispatched to assist an unconscious woman who was overdosing.
Paramedics, police and fire crews were dispatched to a Pelham home on Monday night, following the reports of an unconscious woman. Upon arrival at the scene, officials said that it was determined that the woman had overdosed and members of the Pelham Fire Department administered nasal Narcan to save her life.
After administering Narcan nasally, police assisted the firefighters in ventilating the woman and securing the scene while paramedics proceeded to administered Narcan through an IV before sending her to the hospital for treatment.
“None of this would be possible without all of the departments working together to help the patient(s) in their time of need,” officials stated. “Great jobs all around.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.