PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Pelham school officials said the image of a swastika and the word "power" written in newly poured cement on the sidewalk of Siwanoy Place, directly opposite Siwanoy Elementary School, will not be tolerated by the district.
- Pelham resident Dylan Peer , a senior at Loyola School in New York City, completed a six-week summer internship with the United Nations.
- A&E's newest program, "Cement Heads," is a reality show that follows WJL Equities, a family owned construction company based in Eastchester. It will be telecast on Tuesday evenings at 10:30 p.m.
- The New York State Police issued more than 22,000 tickets during its state-wide Speed Week campaign from Aug. 6 to Aug. 12.
- North Avenue was closed in both directions following an accident at 1354 North Ave. in New Rochelle on Monday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.