NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Kevin Shattenkirk is Olympic bound.
The roster for Team USA Hockey at the Sochi Olympics were announced Wednesday and the New Rochelle resident made the cut.
Shattenkirk, 24, a defenseman for the St. Louis Blues, will join the men's Olympic team for the first time. In the past decade, he has represented Team USA at the World Championships in 2011 and the Junior Championship in 2009.
The Sochi Winter Olympic Games start Feb. 7 and end Feb. 23.
The Olympic teams were announced Wednesday after the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Detroit Red Wings in the Winter Classic game played at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Mich. The games begin in February in Sochi, Russia.
The 5-foot-11, 207-pound Shattenkirk was born in Greenwich, Conn., but grew up in New Rochelle. He is the son of Patrick and Barbara Shattenkirk of New Rochelle.
- 1 Off-Duty Pelham Cop Shot By Yonkers Police
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pelham, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Pelham
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Pelham; Blizzard Warning Issued