PELHAM, N.Y. -- Following a successful weekend at the Garden State Volleyball Classic, Pelham returned to action Thursday and swept Ardsley, 25-12, 25-19, 25-16 in a Section 1 volleyball match.
Megan Krause led Pelham with nine kills and Helen Gandler and Maddie Curto added kills seven apiece. Gandler also collected 18 digs and Kate Collins finished with 25 assists.
“It was the best collection of volleyball talent I had seen,” said Pelham coach Mark Finegan of the tournament. “The competition was ferocious. I thought we played really well, in spots, over the weekend. We reached the semifinals of the silver bracket, but lost to Penfield of Rochester.
“We came back and responded positively against Ardsley. I thought we played a good, complete match.”
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line