PELHAM, N.Y. -- Following a successful weekend at the Garden State Volleyball Classic, Pelham returned to action Thursday and swept Ardsley, 25-12, 25-19, 25-16 in a Section 1 volleyball match.
Megan Krause led Pelham with nine kills and Helen Gandler and Maddie Curto added kills seven apiece. Gandler also collected 18 digs and Kate Collins finished with 25 assists.
“It was the best collection of volleyball talent I had seen,” said Pelham coach Mark Finegan of the tournament. “The competition was ferocious. I thought we played really well, in spots, over the weekend. We reached the semifinals of the silver bracket, but lost to Penfield of Rochester.
“We came back and responded positively against Ardsley. I thought we played a good, complete match.”
- 1 Pelham's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Pelham Man Charged With Drug Smuggling May Seek Deal
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures