PELHAM, N.Y. -- Following a successful weekend at the Garden State Volleyball Classic, Pelham returned to action Thursday and swept Ardsley, 25-12, 25-19, 25-16 in a Section 1 volleyball match.
Megan Krause led Pelham with nine kills and Helen Gandler and Maddie Curto added kills seven apiece. Gandler also collected 18 digs and Kate Collins finished with 25 assists.
“It was the best collection of volleyball talent I had seen,” said Pelham coach Mark Finegan of the tournament. “The competition was ferocious. I thought we played really well, in spots, over the weekend. We reached the semifinals of the silver bracket, but lost to Penfield of Rochester.
“We came back and responded positively against Ardsley. I thought we played a good, complete match.”
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 3 State Police Begin Initiative To Target Aggressive Driving In Westchester
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 35 Percent In Pelham
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates