PELHAM, N.Y. -- Following a successful weekend at the Garden State Volleyball Classic, Pelham returned to action Thursday and swept Ardsley, 25-12, 25-19, 25-16 in a Section 1 volleyball match.
Megan Krause led Pelham with nine kills and Helen Gandler and Maddie Curto added kills seven apiece. Gandler also collected 18 digs and Kate Collins finished with 25 assists.
“It was the best collection of volleyball talent I had seen,” said Pelham coach Mark Finegan of the tournament. “The competition was ferocious. I thought we played really well, in spots, over the weekend. We reached the semifinals of the silver bracket, but lost to Penfield of Rochester.
“We came back and responded positively against Ardsley. I thought we played a good, complete match.”
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pelham
- 2 Pelham Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 4 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pelham