NEW PALTZ, N.Y. -- Devonte Banner and Brandon Martin each scored 12 points Wednesday and the Mount Vernon High School boys basketball team topped Newburgh Free Academy 66-48 in the Class AA state regional semifinal at SUNY New Paltz.
The Knights play Section 4 champ Union-Endicott on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Binghamton University with the winner moving on to the Class AA Final Four in Glens Falls.
Mount Vernon led by a slim 32-26 at halftime but extended the lead to 51-40 after three quarters and moved away from Newburgh in the fourth.
Judah Alexander had 10 points and 8 rebounds and Tyger Hackett and Yhanni Bartley each added nine points for the Section 1 champion Knights, who have won 15 of the last Section 1 titles.
- 1 Pelham Family Behind ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Preps For August Fundraiser
- 2 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Three Pelhams Dot Westchester Map