NEW PALTZ, N.Y. -- Devonte Banner and Brandon Martin each scored 12 points Wednesday and the Mount Vernon High School boys basketball team topped Newburgh Free Academy 66-48 in the Class AA state regional semifinal at SUNY New Paltz.
The Knights play Section 4 champ Union-Endicott on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Binghamton University with the winner moving on to the Class AA Final Four in Glens Falls.
Mount Vernon led by a slim 32-26 at halftime but extended the lead to 51-40 after three quarters and moved away from Newburgh in the fourth.
Judah Alexander had 10 points and 8 rebounds and Tyger Hackett and Yhanni Bartley each added nine points for the Section 1 champion Knights, who have won 15 of the last Section 1 titles.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 3 Pelham Manor Scrambles To Respond To Affordable Housing Report
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 National Weather Service: Pelham's Winter Won't Be So Bad