NEW PALTZ, N.Y. -- Devonte Banner and Brandon Martin each scored 12 points Wednesday and the Mount Vernon High School boys basketball team topped Newburgh Free Academy 66-48 in the Class AA state regional semifinal at SUNY New Paltz.
The Knights play Section 4 champ Union-Endicott on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Binghamton University with the winner moving on to the Class AA Final Four in Glens Falls.
Mount Vernon led by a slim 32-26 at halftime but extended the lead to 51-40 after three quarters and moved away from Newburgh in the fourth.
Judah Alexander had 10 points and 8 rebounds and Tyger Hackett and Yhanni Bartley each added nine points for the Section 1 champion Knights, who have won 15 of the last Section 1 titles.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital