PELHAM, N.Y. -- Matt Landis, a sophomore defenseman from Pelham Memorial High School, has been a key member for Notre Dame’s men’s lacrosse team in its run to the NCAA semifinals.
Landis started and a had a key defensive assignment for the Irish as they beat Albany, 14-13, in the Saturday, May 17, quarterfinals. Notre Dame will meet Maryland in the semifinals on Saturday, May 24, while Duke meets Denver in the other semifinal. The championship will be played Monday, May 26. The semifinals and finals will be played in Baltimore.
Jack Near, a junior from Bronxville, also plays for the Irish. Katonah’s Reed Maxmin is a member of the men’s team at Duke, while Bronxville’s Andrew Walsh is on the Maryland roster.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Pelham Family Behind ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Preps For August Fundraiser
- 3 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate