YONKERS, N.Y. -- A pair of Westchester fighters will be among the participants in six championship bouts at the New York Daily News Golden Gloves at Empire City Casino on Wednesday, April 2.
Doors will open at 6:15 p.m. and first bell is at 7:30 p.m. sharp.
Amauri Berrero of Mount Vernon will be squaring off against New York City's Giovanni Figueroa In the 108-pound male-novice division.
New Rochelle's Krystal Dixon will headline the 176-pound plus female division when she takes on Danielle Perkins of Brooklyn.
A pair of Bronx natives will box in the 108-pound male open ranks when Ivan Lopez battles Chayanne Rivera.
In the 119-pound female division, Joann Acevedo of the Bronx will be pitted against New York City's Misato Kamegawa.
Another pair of championship contests have yet to be announced.
General Admission tickets are $25. Policemen, firemen, senior citizens, students and children under 14 are $15 (with proper ID). Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis only at the door on fight night. Tickets and seating are limited.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Snow Could Return To Pelham For Monday Morning Commute