VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Danceworks, the dance company of Westchester Community College, will perform a special program for children on Sunday, Feb. 2.
Danceworks for Children will be presented at the college at a 3 p.m. matinee in the Academic Arts Theatre. The troupe, a diverse ethnic and cultural combination of college students and alumni, is led by Company Director Mollyann Franzblau.
During this program, children are invited to get into the action on stage. The suitable for children three and older.
Danceworks, founded in 1979 by Franzblau and faculty consultant Jo Robbins, performs annually to audiences of approximately 3,000 at the college, throughout the community, and at area festivals. The troupe presents unique combinations of educational and professional presentations of dance as communication.
Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at the door or in advance by calling the Office of Cultural Affairs at 914-606-6262. For further information, visit the college website at www.sunywcc.edu.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Pelham
- 5 Hartsdale Woman, 46, Dies In Fall From George Washington Bridge