VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Danceworks, the dance company of Westchester Community College, will perform a special program for children on Sunday, Feb. 2.
Danceworks for Children will be presented at the college at a 3 p.m. matinee in the Academic Arts Theatre. The troupe, a diverse ethnic and cultural combination of college students and alumni, is led by Company Director Mollyann Franzblau.
During this program, children are invited to get into the action on stage. The suitable for children three and older.
Danceworks, founded in 1979 by Franzblau and faculty consultant Jo Robbins, performs annually to audiences of approximately 3,000 at the college, throughout the community, and at area festivals. The troupe presents unique combinations of educational and professional presentations of dance as communication.
Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at the door or in advance by calling the Office of Cultural Affairs at 914-606-6262. For further information, visit the college website at www.sunywcc.edu.
- 1 Pelham Manor, Pelham Rank Among Nation’s Best 100 Suburbs
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Former Pelham Star Landis Keys Notre Dame's Return To NCAA Final Four
- 4 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 5 Pelham's Picture House Celebrates Its Spring Fundraiser