PELHAM, N.Y. -- Pelham school officials said Wednesday the image of a swastika and the word "power" written in newly poured cement on the sidewalk of Siwanoy Place, directly opposite Siwanoy Elementary School, will not be tolerated by the district.
School officials addressed the issue with the police and plan to cooperate with officers when a full investigation takes place, the board and superintendent said in a joint statement.
Under the direction of our Superintendent of Schools Peter Giarrizzo, each principal will address the issue in the fall with students and faculty so the situation can be utilized as an opportunity to teach a valuable life lesson about the importance of acceptance, the district said.
- 1 David Letterman's Last 'Late Show' Includes Stars, Presidents
- 2 Pelham's Picture House Celebrates Its Spring Fundraiser
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit