PELHAM, N.Y. -- Pelham school officials said Wednesday the image of a swastika and the word "power" written in newly poured cement on the sidewalk of Siwanoy Place, directly opposite Siwanoy Elementary School, will not be tolerated by the district.
School officials addressed the issue with the police and plan to cooperate with officers when a full investigation takes place, the board and superintendent said in a joint statement.
Under the direction of our Superintendent of Schools Peter Giarrizzo, each principal will address the issue in the fall with students and faculty so the situation can be utilized as an opportunity to teach a valuable life lesson about the importance of acceptance, the district said.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison