PELHAM, N.Y. -- Pelham school officials said Wednesday the image of a swastika and the word "power" written in newly poured cement on the sidewalk of Siwanoy Place, directly opposite Siwanoy Elementary School, will not be tolerated by the district.
School officials addressed the issue with the police and plan to cooperate with officers when a full investigation takes place, the board and superintendent said in a joint statement.
Under the direction of our Superintendent of Schools Peter Giarrizzo, each principal will address the issue in the fall with students and faculty so the situation can be utilized as an opportunity to teach a valuable life lesson about the importance of acceptance, the district said.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yonkers Yard
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says