PELHAM, N.Y. -- Pelham resident Dylan Peer, a senior at Loyola School in New York City, has completed a six-week summer internship with the United Nations.
Peer served with the non-governmental organization "Temple of Understanding" and was required to complete a research project based on a "U.N. Millennium Development Goals" topic.
Some of the choices offered to the interns were sex-trafficking, women's rights, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and child mortality in the third world. Peer chose to research the sustainability of fresh water around the world.
As part of the internship program, Peer observed a U.N. Security Council meeting and a U.N. General Assembly "Economic and Social Counsel" meeting. On the final day of his internship he provided a PowerPoint presentation of his research findings to the other participating interns.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pelham
- 2 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pelham
- 4 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County
- 5 Pelham Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm