PELHAM, N.Y. -- Pelham resident Dylan Peer, a senior at Loyola School in New York City, has completed a six-week summer internship with the United Nations.
Peer served with the non-governmental organization "Temple of Understanding" and was required to complete a research project based on a "U.N. Millennium Development Goals" topic.
Some of the choices offered to the interns were sex-trafficking, women's rights, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and child mortality in the third world. Peer chose to research the sustainability of fresh water around the world.
As part of the internship program, Peer observed a U.N. Security Council meeting and a U.N. General Assembly "Economic and Social Counsel" meeting. On the final day of his internship he provided a PowerPoint presentation of his research findings to the other participating interns.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash