PELHAM, N.Y. – Pelham residents will have a better idea about the $1.3 million Pelham turf-field donation on Jan. 28 when the school board is presented with a proposal.
During the school board’s Jan. 7 meeting, board member Will Cavanagh of the Buildings and Grounds Committee said the board can expect an outline about what is in store for the synthetic turf surface at Pelham’s Glover Field, and donation from Friends of Pelham Sports.
“It doesn’t mean we have to accept it next time, but I think we will have a proposal next time,” he said.
The district will then create a design plan, which it will send to the state education department for approval. The project will then go out for a bid. The donation is expected to cover the cost of the project.
Construction would begin in June, so the field would be ready by September, board member Cavanagh previously said.
The buildings and grounds committee presented information about the project to the school board on Dec. 3.
The board will meet in Pelham High School's Alumni Hall at 8 p.m., Jan. 28.
What are your thoughts about the donation? Tell us in the comments section.
- 1 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M