PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University's Model UN received high marks this past weekend at the National Model United Nations conference in the District of Columbia. Pace was ranked fifth out of 68 participating universities and organizations in terms of awards received, standing out from institutions in 20 countries.
Pace students represented Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia in simulations of the UN General Assembly, UNESCO, UN Environmental Programme and UN High Commissioner for Refugees. The students representing Croatia were recognized with an 'Honorable Mention' delegation award. The following students were recognized with individual awards:
- Yousra Bashir and Amandine Tristani – Outstanding Delegation and Outstanding Position Paper Awards for representing Croatia in the General Assembly First Committee (on Disarmament and International Security)
- Syuyumbika “Susha” Galimova and Prabjoot Lally – Outstanding Position Paper Award for Slovenia in General Assembly First Committee
- Hani Bousaleh – Outstanding Position Paper Award for Croatia in the General Assembly Second Committee (on Economic and Financial issues)
- Margarita Moffett and Ingrid Soto Tornero – Outstanding Position Paper Award for Croatia in UNESCO
- Nicholas Mucerino and Jason Vargas – Outstanding Position Paper Award for Serbia in the UN Environmental Programme