This story has been updated.
MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- The French American School of New York in the village of Mamaroneck was evacuated briefly on Thursday morning due to a report of a gas odor detected.
No one was reported hurt, but volunteer firefighters and Con Edison were called to 145 New St.
About 11:10 a.m., police and school officials said students had returned to class.
It was determined that a gas pilot had gone out in an oven at the school, which caused the odor, a school spokeswoman said. The problem was fixed, police said.
School officials and police said the evacuation went smoothly and no one was hurt.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.