PELHAM, N.Y. - Mario Girardi, a longtime resident of New Rochelle and current resident of Pelham, died Aug. 29. He was 73.
Girardi was born Aug. 16, 1941, in San Fili, Cosenza, Italy, to Salvatore and Dorina (Gentile) Girardi. He worked for many years as a mechanic for Suburban Carting.
Girardi is survived by his wife, Angela Gentile; daughters, Maria Meeker (Kenny) and Antonietta Girardi; and brother, Antonio Girardi. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Sept. 3 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 4 at St. Joseph’s Church, New Rochelle. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Pelham
- 4 Former PepsiCo Executive's Drug Bust Tops Week's News In Westchester
- 5 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court