PELHAM, N.Y. - Jaroslav Jan Endrst of Pelham died Saturday, Feb. 22. He was 91.
Endrst was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia. He was a correspondent for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty for more than 40 years, the majority of them as chief correspondent at the United Nations.
Endrst is survived by his son, James Endrst; daughter, Christine Endrst McDermott; and four grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Elsa B. Endrst; and son, Jan Endrst.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28 at The Church of St. James the Less, 10 Church Lane and Crane Road in Scarsdale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Snow Could Return To Pelham For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Pelham's Picture House Hosts Advance Showing of '5 To 7'