PELHAM, N.Y. - Jaroslav Jan Endrst of Pelham died Saturday, Feb. 22. He was 91.
Endrst was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia. He was a correspondent for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty for more than 40 years, the majority of them as chief correspondent at the United Nations.
Endrst is survived by his son, James Endrst; daughter, Christine Endrst McDermott; and four grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Elsa B. Endrst; and son, Jan Endrst.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28 at The Church of St. James the Less, 10 Church Lane and Crane Road in Scarsdale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pelham
- 2 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pelham
- 4 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County
- 5 Pelham Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm