PELHAM, N.Y. - Jaroslav Jan Endrst of Pelham died Saturday, Feb. 22. He was 91.
Endrst was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia. He was a correspondent for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty for more than 40 years, the majority of them as chief correspondent at the United Nations.
Endrst is survived by his son, James Endrst; daughter, Christine Endrst McDermott; and four grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Elsa B. Endrst; and son, Jan Endrst.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28 at The Church of St. James the Less, 10 Church Lane and Crane Road in Scarsdale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 IRS Warns Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member