PELHAM, N.Y. - Jaroslav Jan Endrst of Pelham died Saturday, Feb. 22. He was 91.
Endrst was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia. He was a correspondent for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty for more than 40 years, the majority of them as chief correspondent at the United Nations.
Endrst is survived by his son, James Endrst; daughter, Christine Endrst McDermott; and four grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Elsa B. Endrst; and son, Jan Endrst.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28 at The Church of St. James the Less, 10 Church Lane and Crane Road in Scarsdale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Pelham's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Pelham Man Charged With Drug Smuggling May Seek Deal
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home