PELHAM, N.Y. - Jaroslav Jan Endrst of Pelham died Saturday, Feb. 22. He was 91.
Endrst was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia. He was a correspondent for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty for more than 40 years, the majority of them as chief correspondent at the United Nations.
Endrst is survived by his son, James Endrst; daughter, Christine Endrst McDermott; and four grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Elsa B. Endrst; and son, Jan Endrst.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28 at The Church of St. James the Less, 10 Church Lane and Crane Road in Scarsdale.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 2 NYPD Sued By Two New Rochelle Men In Pelham Shooting
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says