RYE, N.Y. - Jane Dee Strange died April 1. She was 86.
Strange was born in New York City, daughter of Peter and Mary Dee of Yonkers, N.Y. She was a graduate of Gorton High school in Yonkers, N.Y., and attended Notre Dame in Baltimore, Md.
Strange and her husband Walter lived in Pelham, N.Y. for 50 years and retired to Rye. She was a Life Master Bridge player and taught private bridge lessons. She pursued an interior decorating business, and was co-owner of Past Times antiques store in Larchmont, N.Y.
Strange is survived by her children, Michael, Walter, Jr., Louise, Mary Taylor, Sarah Strange and Charles Strange; sister, Robert Buckley; brother, Peter Dee;, grandchildren Sarah Strange, Will Strange, Travis Appleby, Nicholas Strange, Allie Strange, Mary Jane Taylor and Daniel Taylor. She was predeceased by her sister Katherine D. Dunn.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 4 from 2 to 5 and from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Graham Funeral Home. A mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, April 5 at 11 a.m. at the Church of The Resurrection.
- 1 State Police Warn Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Sprain Brook Wrong-Way Crash