NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Filomena “Dolly” McDonald, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died June 16. She was 98.
McDonald was born to Gennero and Christina Bisignano LaPera. She worked as a telephone operator and later as a switchboard operator for the Pelham Country Club. She was a member of Hudson Park.
McDonald is survived by her son, Joseph; daughter-in-law, Cynthia McDonald; two granddaughters; two great grandsons; caregiver, Teresa Gonzalez; brother, Sal LaPera; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph A. McDonald; son, Eugene; brothers, Domenic, Frank and George LaPera; and sister, Julia Mauro Summa.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 19 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 20 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 2 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester