NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Filomena “Dolly” McDonald, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died June 16. She was 98.
McDonald was born to Gennero and Christina Bisignano LaPera. She worked as a telephone operator and later as a switchboard operator for the Pelham Country Club. She was a member of Hudson Park.
McDonald is survived by her son, Joseph; daughter-in-law, Cynthia McDonald; two granddaughters; two great grandsons; caregiver, Teresa Gonzalez; brother, Sal LaPera; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph A. McDonald; son, Eugene; brothers, Domenic, Frank and George LaPera; and sister, Julia Mauro Summa.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 19 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 20 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Two Pelham Manor Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pelham
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Carjacking Of Cabdriver By Pelham Passengers Tops Week's News