NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Filomena “Dolly” McDonald, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died June 16. She was 98.
McDonald was born to Gennero and Christina Bisignano LaPera. She worked as a telephone operator and later as a switchboard operator for the Pelham Country Club. She was a member of Hudson Park.
McDonald is survived by her son, Joseph; daughter-in-law, Cynthia McDonald; two granddaughters; two great grandsons; caregiver, Teresa Gonzalez; brother, Sal LaPera; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph A. McDonald; son, Eugene; brothers, Domenic, Frank and George LaPera; and sister, Julia Mauro Summa.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 19 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 20 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 IRS Warns Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations