CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – Eugene A. Harris, a longtime resident of Cortlandt Manor and Yorktown, died Nov. 13. He was 82.
Harris worked as an insurance broker for Public Entities Affiliates Inc. in Pelham and Mount Vernon, before retiring in 1999.
The son of Eugene and Charlotte Harris, he graduated from Brooklyn Technical High School in 1946. He earned an associate's degree in insurance from the College of Insurance in New York City.
Harris served in the Air Force from 1950 to 1953, attaining the rank of staff sergeant. In 1968 he married his wife Beverly in Yorktown Heights. He was a member of St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Mohegan Lake.
He is survived by his wife; two sons, E. Alexander (Donna) and Matthew V. (Heather); a brother, Andrew B. (Mary) Harris; four grandchildren; and several nephews and nieces.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Clark Funeral Home in Yorktown Heights. The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Episcopal Church. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary's Episcopal Church.
- 1 Pelham's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Pelham Man Charged With Drug Smuggling May Seek Deal
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester