PELHAM, N.Y. - Dr. Rita Haggerty of Pelham died Feb. 4. She was 65.
Dr. Haggerty was born June 20, 1948, in the Bronx, her family moved to Pelham in 1952. She graduated from Pelham Memorial High School in 1966 and went on to graduate from Fordham University in 1970 with a B.S. in Psychology. She received her PhD. in neuropsychology from Stony Brook University in 1976. She had a lifetime career at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital as an assistant professor or clinical psychology, training generations of pediatric neuropsychologists. She also had a private practice working mainly with children.
Dr. Haggerty is survived by her sister Elizabeth (John W.) Reddy of Pelham; sister, Patricia Walker of Pennsylvania; sister, Susan (Edward) Kotite of Manhattan; brother, David Haggerty (Barbara) of Pelham; brothers, John J. Haggerty and Brian Haggerty also of Pelham; nieces and nephews; four great nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents, Dr. John J. and Rita Haggerty.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Pelham Funeral Home, 64 Lincoln Ave., Pelham. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Feb. 12 at St. Catherine's Church, 25 Second Ave., Pelham. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven in Valhalla.
- 1 Pelham Family Behind ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Preps For August Fundraiser
- 2 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 3 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon