PELHAM, N.Y. - Dr. Rita Haggerty of Pelham died Feb. 4. She was 65.
Dr. Haggerty was born June 20, 1948, in the Bronx, her family moved to Pelham in 1952. She graduated from Pelham Memorial High School in 1966 and went on to graduate from Fordham University in 1970 with a B.S. in Psychology. She received her PhD. in neuropsychology from Stony Brook University in 1976. She had a lifetime career at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital as an assistant professor or clinical psychology, training generations of pediatric neuropsychologists. She also had a private practice working mainly with children.
Dr. Haggerty is survived by her sister Elizabeth (John W.) Reddy of Pelham; sister, Patricia Walker of Pennsylvania; sister, Susan (Edward) Kotite of Manhattan; brother, David Haggerty (Barbara) of Pelham; brothers, John J. Haggerty and Brian Haggerty also of Pelham; nieces and nephews; four great nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents, Dr. John J. and Rita Haggerty.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Pelham Funeral Home, 64 Lincoln Ave., Pelham. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Feb. 12 at St. Catherine's Church, 25 Second Ave., Pelham. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven in Valhalla.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 3 State Police Begin Initiative To Target Aggressive Driving In Westchester
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 35 Percent In Pelham
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates