PELHAM, N.Y. - Anthony Joseph Caporale of Pelham died March 9. He was 70.
Caporale was born Feb. 14, 1944, in New Rochelle, to Anthony J. ("Andy") and Elizabeth (Gherardi) Caporale, he lived 30 years in Garnerville and retired to Little River, S.C. in 2006. He served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1969, serving in Vietnam. He was a 40 year veteran of Con Edison ending his career as a construction service representative out of the Valhalla office. He was a member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks in Haverstraw, New York and Calabash, South Carolina.
Caporale is survived by his daughter, Lisa Marie Scolaro (Chris) of Garnerville; son, Anthony James Caporale (Colleen) of Stony Point; wife, Susan Caporale; five, granddaughters; and Marita Wrona. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Barbara Feola.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at T.J. McGowan Sons Funeral Home, 71 North Central Highway, Garnerville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, March 14 at St. Peter's Church, 115 Broadway, Haverstraw, with interment to follow at Rockland Cemetery, Sparkill.
Donations in Caperole's memory made to the Haverstraw Elks #877, 877 Elks Drive, Haverstraw, NY 10927.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 3 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M