PELHAM, N.Y. - Anthony Joseph Caporale of Pelham died March 9. He was 70.
Caporale was born Feb. 14, 1944, in New Rochelle, to Anthony J. ("Andy") and Elizabeth (Gherardi) Caporale, he lived 30 years in Garnerville and retired to Little River, S.C. in 2006. He served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1969, serving in Vietnam. He was a 40 year veteran of Con Edison ending his career as a construction service representative out of the Valhalla office. He was a member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks in Haverstraw, New York and Calabash, South Carolina.
Caporale is survived by his daughter, Lisa Marie Scolaro (Chris) of Garnerville; son, Anthony James Caporale (Colleen) of Stony Point; wife, Susan Caporale; five, granddaughters; and Marita Wrona. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Barbara Feola.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at T.J. McGowan Sons Funeral Home, 71 North Central Highway, Garnerville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, March 14 at St. Peter's Church, 115 Broadway, Haverstraw, with interment to follow at Rockland Cemetery, Sparkill.
Donations in Caperole's memory made to the Haverstraw Elks #877, 877 Elks Drive, Haverstraw, NY 10927.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Two Pelham Manor Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pelham
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Carjacking Of Cabdriver By Pelham Passengers Tops Week's News