WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A 44-year-old lawyer from Westchester is facing up to 20 years in prison after being convicted of helping “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli steal millions from hedge funds covering it up. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A quick-thinking Westchester County Police officer gave a man the ultimate Christmas gift: the gift of life.
- Yonkers police were kept on the run with multiple calls overnight including multiple stabbings and a shooting incident.
- A 16-year-old Westchester girl who relatives said was staying with family in New Jersey was found passed out along with a 29-year-old man in a parked car, its engine running and emergency flashers on, early Christmas morning, police said.
- Five people received injuries in a traffic crash near the Cross County Shopping Center, according to the Yonkers Police Department.
- A Blind Brook High School boys basketball player collapsed and was revived during a game against Pelham High School in the Pelham Holiday Hoops Tournament.
- A 31-year-old personal trainer from Westchester has been arraigned on sexual abuse and forcible touching charges, Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino, Jr. announced.
- The man named as the new general manager of the New York Giants on Thursday has strong ties to the Hudson Valley.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.