PELHAM MANOR, N.Y. -- Oh no, according to AreaVibes website, Pelham Manor is one of the top 10 most boring small towns to live in.
Of course, people who live in Pelham Manor are probably perfectly happy and not bored at all.
But according to the website's survey -- yes, they used science and data -- Pelham Manor came in at number seven out of the 10 places that are a real snooze fest.
In fact, the survey found that most American small towns are boring; you know, they are the places where everyone seems to have an AARP card, and Facebook is a resident's big excitement for the day.
But don't feel alone Pelhamites, here is the full list of the most boring;
- Hillsborough, Calif.
- San Marino, Calif.
- Ladue, Mont.
- Cherry Hills Village, Colo.
- East Hills, N.Y.
- Mount Carmel, Tenn.
- Pelham Manor, N.Y.
- La Canada Flintridge, Calif.
- Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.
- Kings Point, N.Y.
The strangest thing the study turned up is that seven out of the 10 towns are in New York or California, supposedly two of the most vibrant states to live. But they are big states, so there's plenty of room for boring.
To figure out the most boring, the website used AreaVibes data, and measured some 4,000 cities on the following criteria:
- Percentage of population over 35 (higher is more boring)
- Percentage of married households (higher is more boring)
- Median age (higher is more boring)
- Percentage of households with kids (higher is more boring)
- Percentage of households with people over 65 (higher is more boring)
- Population density (lower is more boring)
Here's Pelham Manor's numbers:
- Population: 5,485
- Median Age: 40
- Married Households: 68 percent
- Households With Kids: 46 percent