MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The videographer who shot footage of the now infamous racial incident during a basketball game between Mount Vernon and Mahopac recently provided additional context to ABC New York.
Robert Buckley shot the video footage of the Mahopac student section and explained that the students turning their backs on the opposing players is part of a tradition that takes place at every basketball game, ABC New York reported.
In addition to the student suspensions, Mahopac has put each grade in the district through diversity training, ABC New York said.
Buckley is married to a black woman and said he has never experienced racist behavior in the community, according to ABC New York.
You can watch Buckley's video here.
- 1 IRS Warns Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations