MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The videographer who shot footage of the now infamous racial incident during a basketball game between Mount Vernon and Mahopac recently provided additional context to ABC New York.
Robert Buckley shot the video footage of the Mahopac student section and explained that the students turning their backs on the opposing players is part of a tradition that takes place at every basketball game, ABC New York reported.
In addition to the student suspensions, Mahopac has put each grade in the district through diversity training, ABC New York said.
Buckley is married to a black woman and said he has never experienced racist behavior in the community, according to ABC New York.
You can watch Buckley's video here.
- 1 Pelham's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Pelham Man Charged With Drug Smuggling May Seek Deal
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester