MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The videographer who shot footage of the now infamous racial incident during a basketball game between Mount Vernon and Mahopac recently provided additional context to ABC New York.
Robert Buckley shot the video footage of the Mahopac student section and explained that the students turning their backs on the opposing players is part of a tradition that takes place at every basketball game, ABC New York reported.
In addition to the student suspensions, Mahopac has put each grade in the district through diversity training, ABC New York said.
Buckley is married to a black woman and said he has never experienced racist behavior in the community, according to ABC New York.
You can watch Buckley's video here.
- 1 Pelham Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Raising Social Consciouness -- and Serving Thanksgiving Dinner -- In Pelham
- 3 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287