PELHAM, N.Y. – The Pelham Daily Voice is leading into the new year by counting down, in no particular order, the Top 10 stories from 2012.
Hurricane Sandy knocked out power to 60 percent of Consolidated Edison customers in Pelham when it hit the area Oct. 29. In some cases, power wasn't restored for two weeks.
The two weeks following Hurricane Sandy were anything but normal. Gas became scarce, and cars waited on line for hours. Trick-or-treating on Halloween had to be postponed, as many street and traffic lights remained dark for more than a week.
Many trees fell, some on houses, others on cars, causing property damage across the area. Community groups such as Habitat for Humanity helped victims find food and shelter.
- 1 Pelham Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 2 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting
- 3 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For The Pelhams
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says