PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- The New York Times recently caught up with legendary tennis coach and Pelham native Nick Bollettieri, who is still going strong at age 82 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., -- and was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame on Monday.
- A former Mount Vernon Department of Public Works employee was convicted of attempted murder after an incident at OK Freddy’s last year.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- Students from Mahopac High School who allegedly made racist comments on Twitter following the school's loss to Mount Vernon in the Section 1 boys basketball semifinals have drawn the ire of school officials from both districts.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- 1 Pelham Family Behind ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Preps For August Fundraiser
- 2 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 3 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon