PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- The New York Times recently caught up with legendary tennis coach and Pelham native Nick Bollettieri, who is still going strong at age 82 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., -- and was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame on Monday.
- A former Mount Vernon Department of Public Works employee was convicted of attempted murder after an incident at OK Freddy’s last year.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- Students from Mahopac High School who allegedly made racist comments on Twitter following the school's loss to Mount Vernon in the Section 1 boys basketball semifinals have drawn the ire of school officials from both districts.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 IRS Warns Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill