PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Pelham school officials said the image of a swastika and the word "power" written in newly poured cement on the sidewalk of Siwanoy Place, directly opposite Siwanoy Elementary School, will not be tolerated by the district.
- Pelham resident Dylan Peer , a senior at Loyola School in New York City, completed a six-week summer internship with the United Nations.
- A&E's newest program, "Cement Heads," is a reality show that follows WJL Equities, a family owned construction company based in Eastchester. It will be telecast on Tuesday evenings at 10:30 p.m.
- The New York State Police issued more than 22,000 tickets during its state-wide Speed Week campaign from Aug. 6 to Aug. 12.
- North Avenue was closed in both directions following an accident at 1354 North Ave. in New Rochelle on Monday.