PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- Westchester County Board of Legislators Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) is getting support for proposed legislation that would raise the minimum age to buy cigarettes from 18 to 19 years old.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- A new national study of public and private high schools named 17 schools in Westchester County among the most challenging in New York State.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale , according to a report on LoHud.com.
- A Yonkers man was arrested and charged along with three other men with trafficking large quantities of cocaine and oxycodone on Thursday, April 10, according to a statement released by New York City's Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget G. Brennan.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.