PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- Near-blizzard conditions brought more than half-a-foot of snow and sub-zero temperatures to Pelham on Thursday night into Friday.
- Pelham Art Center and its “Craft-Tastic” exhibition was recently included in a New York Times article about galleries and exhibitions in Westchester.
- The roster for Team USA Hockey at the Sochi Olympics were announced and the New Rochelle resident, Kevin Shattenkirk, 24, a defenseman for the St. Louis Blues, made the cut.
- Yonkers resident and "Bronx Tale" star Lillo Brancato Jr., 37, has been released on parole after spending eight years in prison for attempted burglary, according to the N.Y. Daily News.
- 1 Pelham Family Behind ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Preps For August Fundraiser
- 2 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 3 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon