WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As Tropical Storm Arthur barrels its way up the East Coast and temperatures soared toward 90 and the humidity levels grew, the National Weather Service has issued a a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9 p.m. and Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 6:15 p.m. Wednesday that includes Westchester.
Some storms could be severe, with heavy rain, large hail and damaging winds and could occur up until 1 a.m. After that, patchy fog is expected through 10 a.m. Thursday.
More showers and thunderstorms should return after 10 a.m. Thursday, with new rainfall amounts of up to three-quarters of an inch possible.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl