PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- Pelham Manor residents voiced concerns regarding increased traffic, potential environmental impacts and the potential change in the character of the community to the Planning Board about a proposed subdivision at 403 Pelhamdale Ave.
- Pelham voters will decide on a $69.4 million education budget next month after the Pelham Board of Education adopted a proposed spending plan Tuesday with minor changes.
- New Rochelle Police charged a local man in connection with a string of recent Chinese restaurant break-ins.
- Yonkers police, Child Protective Services and the Westchester District Attorney's office are investigating the death of a 2-year-old child, officials said.
- Yonkers police found as many as 30 dead cats in plastic bags hanging from tree branches in a wooded area off Overlook Terrace Thursday morning, officials said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital