PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- Westchester County Democrats voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19, according to LoHud.com.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has launched an offensive against Gov. Andrew Cuomo via video blogs on his campaign site, criticizing the governor for lacking transparency and driving New York state into debt.
- For the second year in a row, Westchester ranked first for healthy behaviors, out of 62 counties statewide, according to the County Health Rankings.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 3 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust