MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Police are searching for a suspect who fled after his motor vehicle struck and injured a law enforcement officer at East Lincoln Avenue and Station Place in Mount Vernon, according to WABC 7.
The officer, who was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center, suffered injuries that are not believed to be life threatening, according to the report.
The suspect, who fled on foot, is described as being a 6-foot-3 black male, wearing a yellow shirt and jeans and an orange hat, the report said.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 3 State Police Begin Initiative To Target Aggressive Driving In Westchester
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 35 Percent In Pelham
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates