MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Police are searching for a suspect who fled after his motor vehicle struck and injured a law enforcement officer at East Lincoln Avenue and Station Place in Mount Vernon, according to WABC 7.
The officer, who was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center, suffered injuries that are not believed to be life threatening, according to the report.
The suspect, who fled on foot, is described as being a 6-foot-3 black male, wearing a yellow shirt and jeans and an orange hat, the report said.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Open Houses In Pelham This Weekend