PELHAM, N.Y. -- The Picture House is set to present a screening of a film produced in Pelham.
In observance of National Bike Month, "The Long Bike Back" will be screened at 8 p.m. Friday, May 16 at The Picture House, 175 Wolfs Lane in Pelham. The film was directed by Pelham's Julia Wrona and features Pelham cyclist Pearson Constantino, who will take questions following the screening, according to a press release.
"Pelham resident Pearson Constantino was severely injured in a hit-and-run crash on Central Ave in Hartsdale in 2006. During his recovery, his partner, Pelham filmmaker Julia Wrona, decided to document his rehabilitation and his quest to cycle across the United States to make the roads safer," representatives said in the release. "The resulting documentary, The Long Bike Back, chronicles Pearson Constantino’s recovery and his exciting bike ride across America with his brother Pete advocating for safer roads and reminding people of the joy of riding a bicycle."
Pearson and Wrona are hosting screenings of the film across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states during National Bike Month.
- 1 IRS Warns Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member