PELHAM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Pelham High School was named among the nation's best , according to The Daily Beast Survey of schools in the country, with graduation rates above 85 percent.
- Several schools throughout Westchester County including Colonial Elemntary, Siwanoy Elementary and Pelham High schools of Pelham were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding.
- Democratic caucus members of the Westchester County Board of Legislators have scheduled a meeting to decide Rye Playland's future on Thursday, Sept. 4.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.