PELHAM, N.Y. -- A Pelham family is using the latest viral social media trend to help raise money for their father, who is suffering from Lou Gehrig’s disease, according to CBS New York.
The wife and niece of Anthony Senerchia, who is suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, decided they would partake in the latest social media trend, "the ice bucket challenge" in an effort to raise awareness for the degenerative disease. What they got in return was donation after donation, CBS New York said.
Senerchia, who accepted the challenge himself, said the family didn't even have time to set up a website before more than $2,500 had rolled in, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Dave & Buster's Opens Pelham Manor Location
- 2 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 5 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Star In HGTV Show