PELHAM, N.Y. -- A Pelham family is using the latest viral social media trend to help raise money for their father, who is suffering from Lou Gehrig’s disease, according to CBS New York.
The wife and niece of Anthony Senerchia, who is suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, decided they would partake in the latest social media trend, "the ice bucket challenge" in an effort to raise awareness for the degenerative disease. What they got in return was donation after donation, CBS New York said.
Senerchia, who accepted the challenge himself, said the family didn't even have time to set up a website before more than $2,500 had rolled in, CBS New York reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital