PELHAM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Infusion, the popular Pelham tapas lounge , is taking “service” to a whole new level. Not only did it serve a free Thanksgiving meal to the elderly, children and disabled, but it is continuing its mission to donate a portion of its profits to a variety of charities.
- A suspect grabbed fur coats worth $50,000 in a brazen theft from the Saks Fifth Avenue store on Greenwich Avenue at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, said police, who have made one arrest in the case and are looking for a second suspect.
- Former Pelham and New York City resident Michael Schwerner, who was murdered in 1964 fighting for civil rights , recently received a posthumous Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- A parking enforcement officer appeared in White Plains City Court on Wednesday on charges that he offered to drop a $20 parking ticket in exchange for 10 future acts of oral sex.
- Hundreds gathered Wednesday morning at Our Lady of Mercy Church to celebrate the life and mourn the tragic death of Joseph Touri , 18, of Rye Brook.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.