PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- The Pelham Board of Education has approved "Math in Focus: Singapore Math" by Marshall Cavendish as the new textbook series starting in Grades 3-5 for the 2014-15 school year.
- Teary-eyed Pelham Middle School parents watched their not-so-little Pelicans soar into the world of high school and beyond Tuesday night.
- A New Rochelle man crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth $600,000 on Monday, June 24 at Exit 7 on I-95, according to ctnews.com.
- An unruly crowd outside of Spectator Sports Pub in New Rochelle over the weekend led to several arrests, including a misdemeanor charge of interfering with police for one Mount Vernon woman.
- Stop & Shop Supermarkets will lay off 299 workers when it closes its Mount Vernon warehouse this September, according to the Westchester County Businesss Journal.
- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced Tuesday on her website she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.