PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- The Pelham Board of Education has approved "Math in Focus: Singapore Math" by Marshall Cavendish as the new textbook series starting in Grades 3-5 for the 2014-15 school year.
- Teary-eyed Pelham Middle School parents watched their not-so-little Pelicans soar into the world of high school and beyond Tuesday night.
- A New Rochelle man crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth $600,000 on Monday, June 24 at Exit 7 on I-95, according to ctnews.com.
- An unruly crowd outside of Spectator Sports Pub in New Rochelle over the weekend led to several arrests, including a misdemeanor charge of interfering with police for one Mount Vernon woman.
- Stop & Shop Supermarkets will lay off 299 workers when it closes its Mount Vernon warehouse this September, according to the Westchester County Businesss Journal.
- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced Tuesday on her website she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday.
- 1 Pelham Manor, Pelham Rank Among Nation’s Best 100 Suburbs
- 2 Former Pelham Star Landis Keys Notre Dame's Return To NCAA Final Four
- 3 Pelham's Picture House Celebrates Its Spring Fundraiser
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters