WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nearly 65,000 residents in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties now have health insurance via the New York state insurance exchange, according to LoHud.com.
Most of those who enrolled opted for private plans through the marketplace, which is in contrast to the statewide numbers that have 55 percent of the enrolled population under a Medicaid plan, LoHud.com reported.
More than 960,000 residents signed up statewide, and 80 percent were not previously insured, LoHud.com said.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Snow Could Return To Pelham For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Pelham's Picture House Hosts Advance Showing of '5 To 7'
- 5 Smartest School List Tops Last Week's News Around Southern Westchester