WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nearly 65,000 residents in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties now have health insurance via the New York state insurance exchange, according to LoHud.com.
Most of those who enrolled opted for private plans through the marketplace, which is in contrast to the statewide numbers that have 55 percent of the enrolled population under a Medicaid plan, LoHud.com reported.
More than 960,000 residents signed up statewide, and 80 percent were not previously insured, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 2 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Superintendent Giarrizzo Receives Award Of Excellence For Twitter Account
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App