PELHAM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Metro-North presented a $32 billion spending plan to the MTA Board on Wednesday that includes new M9 passenger cars on the Hudson and Harlem lines , according to LoHud.com.
- The amber alert issued by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department just before 11 a.m. Tuesday was rescinded after the child was found unharmed.
- Jennifer Czarniecki, a Mohegan Lake resident who was crowned Mrs. Westchester in January, was arrested and charged with stealing from the group home where she worked, according to Investigator John Rodriguez of the New York State Police.
- A child who lives in a long-term care facility in Westchester and suffers from numerous chronic medical conditions has been diagnosed with EV-D68, the first such diagnosis in Westchester or Putnam, according to a report on LoHud.com.
- Scores of police officers and officials joined the family and friends of Michael Williams to pay tribute Thursday to the NYPD officer and son of a longtime Carmel police officer who was killed Sunday following a crash of a police van in the Bronx.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.