PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Michael Schwerner, a Pelham High School graduate who was murdered during the Freedom Summer of 1964, will posthumously receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom during a ceremony at the White House on Monday, Nov. 24, reports LoHud.com.
- Metro-North is investigating the details of the death of Brian McClellan, a 21-year-old Ohio man who died Monday in a Westchester hospital after he was found on fire on top of a train in Greenwich, Conn., on Sunday morning.
- Rella Fogliano, president of The MacQuesten Companies, based in Pelham, will be named Developer of the Year by the New York Housing Conference and the National Housing Conference on Wednesday, Dec. 10, at the Hilton New York.
- Westchester County law enforcement is launching an anonymous Web tip program -- tip411 -- that will allow anyone with a smartphone, tablet, standard cellphone or computer to text in a tip to the local police department.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators is considering a countywide ban on plastic bags, but some have raised questions about the value of the proposal.