PELHAM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- A 40-year-old man was struck and killed by a Metro-North train near New Rochelle on Monday, July 21 in what authorities believe to be an apparent suicide.
- A Pelham family is using the latest viral social media trend to help raise money for their father, who is suffering from Lou Gehrig’s disease, according to CBS New York.
- The Westchester County police officer who was struck by a motorist in Scarsdale remains hospitalized and is facing a lengthy recovery before he can return to active duty.
- Republican gubernatorial nominee and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino labeled Andrew Cuomo "the most corrupt governor in history" on Wednesday and called for an expedited investigation in light of a New York Times investigation report that revealed Cuomo staffers interfered with the Moreland Ethics Commission.
- Three Democratic members of the Westchester County Board of Legislators have requested an audit of the county Board of Ethics .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.