WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An early morning accident on the southbound Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) caused heavy delays on Westchester County roadways during Thursday morning's commute.
Two lanes were blocked between Central Park Avenue (Route 100) and Van Cortlandt Park South (exit 11) for more than two hours. The lanes reopened at 8:45 a.m. The accident involved 12 or more vehicles, according to a report on CBS 2.
An accident on the Hutchinson River Parkway North between northbound I-95 and Route 1, reported at 8 a.m., is causing delays.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Pelham
- 5 Hartsdale Woman, 46, Dies In Fall From George Washington Bridge