WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Civil war in Iraq could create enough havoc with oil production to push gas prices over $5 per gallon in Westchester County, according to the New York Post.
If radical Sunni Muslim insurgents are able to take control of Baghdad and the oil producing regions in the south, it could raise the price of crude oil per barrel up to $160, which would translate to gas prices near or over $5 per gallon back home, the New York Post reported.
Some experts say that gas prices that high could create something of a recession since Iraq is the second largest producer of oil in the world, the New York Post said.
- 1 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 2 NYPD Sued By Two New Rochelle Men In Pelham Shooting
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says