WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Civil war in Iraq could create enough havoc with oil production to push gas prices over $5 per gallon in Westchester County, according to the New York Post.
If radical Sunni Muslim insurgents are able to take control of Baghdad and the oil producing regions in the south, it could raise the price of crude oil per barrel up to $160, which would translate to gas prices near or over $5 per gallon back home, the New York Post reported.
Some experts say that gas prices that high could create something of a recession since Iraq is the second largest producer of oil in the world, the New York Post said.
- 1 Pelham Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pelham
- 3 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pelham
- 5 Several Accidents Reported On Slick Westchester Roadways