PELHAM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- National Youth Arts has announced Pelham Memorial High School as one of the Eastern region winners of the ninth annual National Youth Arts Awards for its theater performances.
- New York is ranked 20th in the nation for school systems quality by personal finance social network WalletHub in a survey released Monday.
- Anna Long-Middleton, a Pelham resident and an online student at the College of Court Reporting, received highest academic honors for the Winter 2014 semester.
- The Westchester County Department of Health has learned that a mosquito batch has tested positive for West Nile Virus in Westchester for the first time this year.
- A two-car collision at the Interstate-95 southbound exit for 287 in the City of Rye ejected both occupants of a military truck, which flipped over, and killed the passenger Thursday morning, state police said.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, Westchester DA Says