PELHAM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- National Youth Arts has announced Pelham Memorial High School as one of the Eastern region winners of the ninth annual National Youth Arts Awards for its theater performances.
- New York is ranked 20th in the nation for school systems quality by personal finance social network WalletHub in a survey released Monday.
- Anna Long-Middleton, a Pelham resident and an online student at the College of Court Reporting, received highest academic honors for the Winter 2014 semester.
- The Westchester County Department of Health has learned that a mosquito batch has tested positive for West Nile Virus in Westchester for the first time this year.
- A two-car collision at the Interstate-95 southbound exit for 287 in the City of Rye ejected both occupants of a military truck, which flipped over, and killed the passenger Thursday morning, state police said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Two Pelham Manor Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pelham
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Carjacking Of Cabdriver By Pelham Passengers Tops Week's News