PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Several Westchester County municipalities will be affected over the next two years, as the New York Thruway Authority kicks off a near $60 million project that will affect 14 miles of Interstate roadway.
- Drivers in Westchester County and throughout New York State could face tougher fines and penalties if caught texting and driving as of Saturday, Nov. 1.
- New Rochelle and Pelham eateries are once again gearing up to showcase seasonal, local ingredients, asHudson Valley Restaurant Week returns to Westchester County.
- State police made two drunken driving arrests and issued 14 violations for speeding and unlawful cell phone use as part of a Halloween night DWI detail with the Westchester County and Greenburgh police departments on Friday.
- In a surprise to no one who has been even peripherally following the often-contentious gubernatorial race, Gov. Andrew Cuomo will retain his office, topping Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino.