This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Pelham's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Pelham Man Charged With Drug Smuggling May Seek Deal
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Pelham Residents