This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 State Police Warn Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Sprain Brook Wrong-Way Crash