This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 4 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester
- 5 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say