This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Pelham Manor, Pelham Rank Among Nation’s Best 100 Suburbs
- 2 Former Pelham Star Landis Keys Notre Dame's Return To NCAA Final Four
- 3 Pelham's Picture House Celebrates Its Spring Fundraiser
- 4 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens