This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 4 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 5 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'