This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 3 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust