WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pelham
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pelham
- 3 Pelham Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County
- 5 Hutchinson River Parkway Crash Causes Stop-And-Go Delays