WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Pelham Family Behind ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Preps For August Fundraiser
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 4 NYPD Sued By Two New Rochelle Men In Pelham Shooting
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd