PELHAM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham last week:
- Dr. Richard Morel of Pelham , an internist who is associate medical director for internal medicine and Dr. Steven Meixler of White Plains, a pulmonologist and critical care specialist who is associate medical director for medical specialties, were appointed as vice presidents at WESTMED Medical Group.
- State Sen. Jeff Klein handed out Chromebooks to eighth-graders at Pelham Memorial High School /Middle School at an evening celebration on Monday, Sept. 29.
- The New York State Department of Health has confirmed the spread of enterovirus-D68 (EV-D68) throughout New York State and is again reminding New Yorkers to take precautions to stop new infections.
- The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance is warning residents about scam artists attempting to gain personal information by claiming victims are eligible for a tax rebate.
- Students from local and private schools across nine Westchester County towns were among 1,600 semifinalists chosen for the 2015 National Achievement Scholarship program , reports LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.