PELHAM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pelham this week:
- Pelham Schools Superintendent Peter Giarrizzo announced a preliminary budget for the 2014-15 school year, according to Pelham Plus.
- A conductor on Metro-North’s New Haven Line surprised passengers Monday morning by taping a typed letter of apology to each seat on his train regarding an incident that occurred last Friday.
- A recent study by TRIP, a national transportation research group said that deficient roads and bridges throughout New York State costs motorists an additional $20.3 billion statewide annually due to higher vehicle operating costs, traffic crashes and congestion-related delays.
- The friends and family of Pelham High School graduate Harry Devert, who has been missing in Mexico since January, will hold a $60-a-plate fundraiser that hopes to aid in the search for him.
- The Pelham boys hockey team outlasted Rye, 5-3, to win the Section 1 Division 2 championship.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital